BENQ DW1620 won't start spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quiet_rush

Baseband Member
Hello everyone... :)

Here is my problem with the BENQ DW1620:
I was burning music cds when all of a sudden, when I just inserted a CD-R in, my DVD drive stopped. It just started spinning for half a second then stopped. It repeated 3 or 4 times then stopped. My computer didn't detect any CD in the DVD drive.
Luckily, I bought the Service Plan from Future shop so I can return the product any time I want.
They gave me a new one it worked fine (I put a normal Music CD in) until I put a blank CD-R in then the same thing happened.
Thinking the problem was that particular type of CD-R (Since the problem occured after I put the exact same type of CD-R in the first time), I returned it again and they gave me a new one but the same problem happened when I put any CD/DVD in.

Since the Hardware Problem is eliminated, does any of you know a known issue or have a solution for this problem?
Thanks in advance.
Fred :)

Maybe you didn't enable burning. Right click drive - properties -Recording- check off enable cd burning with this drive

Update: I just tried installing the latest BENQ firmware from their site and nothing better happened.

Doesn'T anyone heared of such a problem before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom