Killer Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckaL

Daemon Poster
Could someone give me a list of the following parts that I would need to dominate any game out there on the highest settings.

Motherboard:
Processor:
Graphics Card:
RAM:
Hard Drive:
PSU:
Case:

Basically I want to be able to play Doom 3 ect. with all settings maxed out and with absolutely no lag. At least 60fps would be ideal.

thanks

Any price?

CPU:FX57
MOBO: DFI lanparty SLI-DR
GPU: 2x 7800gtx
RAM: 2x G. skill 2x512 LA's
HDD: 2x 74gb raptors and 2x 400gb seagates
PSU: OCZ powerstream 600watts OR PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 850 SSI (850 Watt)
Case:what ever you like, I like the Coolermast stacker.
Cooling: A nice powerful peltier and water cooling to cool the peltier
A nice dvd burner
Creative 7.1 for sound card
7.1 creative speakers mega works

Comes to about $3500

OR

AMD 64 3500
DFI lanparty ultra d
6800gt
1gb of OCZ platinum rev. 2
2x seagates in RAID 0
OCZ modstream 500w
case, whatever you like.

comes to about $1300

woot6600GT said:
Word.

BTW: wrong section.
Wrong section? this section is called Overclocking, PC Building & Case Mod.

@ Trifid, I take it choice #1 is the "play any game at max settings" choice and choice #2 is the "play any game but not at max settings."

choice #1 is what I was looking for but I don't want the sound card at this point. Onboard sound and cheapo speakers will work for me untill I save more $$.

I don't have a price limit at the moment I just want to know what I would be looking at as far as price goes to play at max settings. $3,500 is alot. Especially when it doesn't include a monitor. But if thats what it costs to have the best (with out going overboard) then thats all I wanted to know.

thanks.

That, however, is going overboard at this point. You could safely buy a amd 4000+, a 6800gt vga, and only 1gb of ram to play at max settings for quite a while. Also hard drive speed isn't at all important for play settings, its more of a factor for load times.

Luxar said:
That, however, is going overboard at this point. You could safely buy a amd 4000+, a 6800gt vga, and only 1gb of ram to play at max settings for quite a while. Also hard drive speed isn't at all important for play settings, its more of a factor for load times.
But what if I wanted to play at 1600x1200 resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom