Graphics in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabo123

Beta member
I would really appreciate some help on this.

I am new to windows XP (Home Edition) and I have noticed that everything seems to be screened, including pictures and videos, not smooth looking as with previous operating systems.

Is this the type of graphics they chose for XP?

I used to use Windows Millenium (Ugh)! and my niece uses Windows 98 se, but any pictures or videos I viewed on Real Player or Windows Media looked better than using XP

I would like to know if there is a way I can change this.

Please don't think I am nuts!!

It is a genuine request for assistants from an experts.

Thank you.

:( :(

Have you installed your graphics/chipset drivers?

have you checked for spyware/virus/adaware? or anything unusual eating up resources?

what is your color setting?

right click on desktop and do properties and check ya video options. . .

Thanks for the replys,

I am still a neophyte at this, I bought an e machines from Best Buy with Xp and this is when I first noticed this.

I bought it back, got a refund, and purchased one from Dell which

is the one I am using now.

I am not familiar with chipset driver, and I have checked the video settings. I tried to adjust the brightness, contrast and something called Gamma, also my computer came with Norton anti virus and spyware blocker.

The best example I can give is the vertical scrollbar, this is where the screening really shows up.

Right click on the desktop. click properties, go to settings, what does the display read:

Then go to advanced, monitor, and see if you what your refresh rate is. It might say hardware default or 60hz. Change it to atleast 80 if you are using a crt or 70 in you are using a lcd flat screen monitor. This will help your eyes from straining and getting headaches. Make sure the color quality is set to 32bit

Thanks, changed refresh rate to 85, seemed to help a little, display was originally set to 1024 by 768, tried different settings for this, but little else seemed to work.

I guess it is just the way XP looks.

Thanks to everyone for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom