Bio's Reseting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuRy

Beta member
How Do I reset my bio's without taking the battery pack out..I'ev been getting this message when Im playing Cs.. its a blue screen said that I need to reset my bio's. I just added a New motherboard,Amd xp 2200+,and Ram.Went from 98 to Winxp Home edition without reformating(dont know if that is an issue)

Read the manual to your new motherboard.
Most likley there is a jumper on the board that will reset it.
If not, then pulling outt he battery and shorting the terminals will be the best thing to do as the jumper only does the same thing

If this is what you want to do, then pulling the battery out will be enough. Just shout down the PC, unplug the PC, hit the power switch one time while the power cord is out just to release any current that still remains within the board and then use a flat object to pluck the battery out. Wait about 30 seconds and place the battery back in and the plug the PC in and power up. Your BIOS will be reset to factory default.

-Mike

umm, you have to reformat when going to a new mobo (or you can run the repair function off of the CD if you have a bootable CD)

Yeppers! I will be doing a repair today, when I install my new mobo that santa brought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom