Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You become a MSDN member by buying a supscription. When you are a member they give you "cool stuff" for free. The rules for longhorn are a bunch of copyright stuff.

In short Windows Codename Longhorn is still under patiant by Microsoft and any images could give away trade techniques. Basically Microsoft calls copyright on all longhorn images till it is pubically released but I am also aware that Microsoft does give permission to certian people to show off the images in demos and via other meetings. But there are a number of "illegal" photos out there from Longhorn users that break this contract.

Then you will get busted you cannot look for longhorn unless you are referring to illegal P2P networks or bittorrent you must get it through MSDN. And you just click download there and there is no need to look. waynejkruse10 it can cost up to 2500 USD a year or free depending on your package you select to become a member of I think you need at least MSDN Pro to get Longhorn.

I think you can get pro for 500 USD when you add all of the software packages they give you and the OS's it's worth the shot for pro.

Tyler1989 said:
I think you can get pro for 500 USD when you add all of the software packages they give you and the OS's it's worth the shot for pro.

wow, microsoft sure are smart.. they are making money when their OS is still in Beta :eek:

I'm pretty sure you can get it off P2P softwares (not that i'm condoning it..)

anyhow, you pay more for the beta OS than the full release?! When someone (even microsoft) can trick thousands of people into spending 500 bucks to buy a Beta OS that expired in a short while (unless, youi get some other benefits as a MSDN pro member??), it just left me speechless..

From what i remember, beta used to be free? Especially when they give you a expiration date on your beta software.. if microsoft is careful about their bandwidth, may be it's the time to release torrent files of it :D

and last time i checked, you can make your pro look much better than longhorn by combining various softwares that definately costs less than 500 bucks :D and i really don't think a bunch of not-finished-eyecandies is a justification for anyone to shell out 500 bucks to get MSDN subscription (i really do hope somene prove me wrong here, or else microsoft had just sinked to a new low :|)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom