Real Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
I just order a Samsung DVD Burner OEM. I thought it would come with everything I need to install it, but it didn't come with these two wires. What are these wires and are they necessary?

What do you mean hopefully? I linked a picture of my motherboard so you could tell me what comes with it. I would do it myself, but I don't know what each of the wires are. I was hoping one of the true techs could tell me. Thanks for your time.

Heyyo,

Those small orange wires do kindof look like analog audio cables, maybe one might even be digital.

Now, I reccomend you plug in those audio cables, digital if you can. So if you're listening to a music cd there ya go. Some older games even require the audio cable. I know warcraft 2 and Driver are 2. I doupt newer games require them since you can't play most in your cd players n' such.. heh, that's right, I used to listen to Warcraft 2 soundtrack whilst I ate food.. gotta love it. Probably me fave game soundtrack of all time right there. :D

I have MSI's K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI, similar to your board. I also ordered an OEM DVD burner, but there was one IDE cable in the box so you shouldn't need anything else. You will need the 4pin CD-in cable though.

Though I do not think that he isn't a true techie for not being able to identify the cable in that unclear picture. Then I would think that you weren't very quick on doing the simplest solution of visiting the MSI site and checking the package contents in their online manual here where it clearly states that an IDE cable is included.

ThE_MarD said:
Those small orange wires do kindof look like analog audio cables, maybe one might even be digital.

What!? Those are SATA cables there guy.

Besides, you do not want to be using a digital connector to your sound system anyway. I tried that a few days ago, only to realize that using a digital out will not work if the source is outputting stereo. Your better bet would be analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom