whats wrong w/ my sound card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnart

Beta member
well alright. my system has no sound, zero. it's nothing with my speakers, they work fine, and the volume isn't muted or anything silly like that.

when i try to access any media (music, video, etc) containing sound, i get a message like this

snddrv0xf.gif

i'm not really sure what this means, where the problem came from, or what to do about it. it's really annoying for obvious reasons.

i have tried installing new drivers, and reparing my sound software, both of these things fail. any help you could lend would be greatly appreciated.

You need to reinstall your sound card drivers or download new ones from the manufacturers website.

that's the kicker, i downloaded the latest drivers for my sound card and when i try to install them it says no sound card was found...well yesterday i could listen to music fine, so unless one of those pesky garden gnomes hopped in my case and swiped my card, it's still there, but for whatever reason the computer seems like it wants to pretend it isn't.

alright, problem solved, i just uninstalled all the software all together and reinstalled it, that worked. stupid solution to an even stupider problem. thanks a lot for your help though

maybe you're right, but i'm a newb and the problem was resolved so i don't think it really matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom