Amd 64 danger temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

crap6892

In Runtime
Im about to oc my amd 64 3000 and i was wonder what is the hottest temp i should let it go. In other words what is the highest safest temp?

Don't let it get past 60. The PC will start to beep at 75 to tell you to stop what is causing it to go that high, and shut off at 80/85.

Best to leave it as it enters the 50's.

My stock P4 HT 3GHz 800FSB goes up to 60 on not even a full load. I was informed that it dies at 69C, is this bad?

It won't die at 69, most of the 90nm ones idle next to the temperature. It is not good having it running at that temperature, as it decreases the life of the CPU.

Jonc731 said:
My stock P4 HT 3GHz 800FSB goes up to 60 on not even a full load. I was informed that it dies at 69C, is this bad?

It is probably a Prescott and that's why, they run hot.

It is a presscot, and I have heard that they run hot, but what can I do to lower my temp? Get a new heatsink, if so which one?

Well, if you have the room, get an XP-120, or the Zalman 7700 (the xp is better ;) ).

Otherwise, go for the xp-90c, or the Zalman 7000.

You'll loose some heat either way since you're on stock cooling.

The XP-90c is actually better than the XP-120. Now if they made the XP-120c that would totally kick ass!

i dont know how all these people are getting such hight temps cause mine is overclock to 3.48GHz and the highest temp i have recorded is 45C but i have 5 fans and stock koling but still befor i had all the fans its max was around there just not overclocked as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom