Beta member
hey ppl, i've just joined and got this question to ask :
Here are my pc's specs :
100 GB HDD
Nvidia Geforce Fx5200
Intel celeron 1.8 Ghz
512 DDR ram
MSI 648 max motherboard
i bought Gta : san andreas but the game is so slow ! i tried turning all the advanced options off, and put a 640x480 resolution, same thing. i'm frustrated !
anyways, i wanna know where the problem is, is it the graphic card, the cpu's speed, the memory ?
and i was thinking of getting an intel P4 2.8 Ghz cpu, would u advise me to get an AMD instead ? is it compatible with my motherboard ? and if so, what's the best AMD cpu i could buy ? sorry for all the questions! thanks in advance :)

A 2.8 GHZ cpu won't work. THe FSB has to be 400 I think. Does your board support overclocking? If it does, i would get a 2.0 northwood and oc the hell outa it.
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

An AMD will not work with your mobo, as it is Intel.

I have heard that the 5200 wasn't exactly a great card, but I'd say it is you CPU that is killing you here.

Try this:

Click Start, Run, type MSCONFIG, click the Startup tab, unceck everything except your antivirus, firewall, graphics driver, and anything you have to have, click Apply, OK, Restart.

Your comp ought to start up a lot faster without all the background stuff running, and it just might make a difference.

Oh, and if you don't have a firewall and antivirus, you have no excuse!!! Follow these links:
ZoneAlarm http://www.majorgeeks.com/ZoneAlarm_Free_d388.html
AVG http://www.majorgeeks.com/AVG_Free_Edition_d886.html

Both are free.

I have a feeling that your vid card is to blame. I would say that GTA:SA is more graphic intensive than it is CPU intensive.

I would upgrade your vid card to at least an ATi 9600 Pro. They can be found for very cheap these days. If you can afford it, maybe look at getting a 9800 Pro. I run GTA: SA on very high settings with my 9800 Pro, without many problems.

true probably more of a drain on the graphics but its gotta be pretty intensive on a celeron 1.8 ghz. if you want to try an AMD cpu you will need to buy a new mother board. if you do get a socket 939 board and CPU. if you need more information about athlon 64's and so on just post back here and someone will be sure to answer

It kinda depends on where you are in the world. Considering you come from Lebanon, and I come from Canada, my price is gonna be different than yours. I would check local computer shops, and to see if there is any online computer parts stores. In the US, the most popular one seems to be www.newegg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom