Need cheap tv tuner card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calzinger

Beer
I'm looking into getting a tv tuner card, something relatively cheap.

I want to be able to watch TV on my monitor, perhaps play xbox on it (may need svideo to composite a/v unless on card), and record it. A remote would be nice also (well how else would you change the channel). Those are some features I saw on some cards. Is there anything else you can do with certain tv tuners?

And how is the quality/fps when recording the TV?

Basically I would like to know what to look for in a card, what brand, and where I could get more information on them.

Would this be the newegg equivalent?

I was also looking into the KWORLD PCI TV Tuner, Video Capture Card, REMOTE, Model "VS-TV878RF" -RETAIL

I also looked into the SABRENT TV Tuner Video Capture PCI Card FM Radio w/ Remote, Model "SBT-TVFM", -RETAIL.

I'm edging more towards your Winfast TV2000. It has had good reviews.

I really want as many features as possible and to bring as good quality as possible. Would I have to spend a good amount of money to get these benefits? Or is this Winfast TV2000 the best bang-for-buck?

I haven't bought yet. I am within a $50 budget. If spending $45 over $15 means better picture quality and more features, then I will pay the extra $30.

Would you suggest that KWORLD over the Leadtek WinFast TV2000 I posted earlier?

And am I still safe with the audio even if I have an onboard 24-bit Live! card even though it requires a 16-bit sound card?

Okay, then I will be getting that Leadtek as long as that 16-bit/24-bit business can be answered.

Would the card be compatible if it says that it requires a 16-bit sound card when I have a 24-bit Live! onboard soundblaster?

i would think almost everything is backwards compatible right? i could be wrong.

just buy it hehe.

Thanks chinh & haGGard (even though not answering back)!

I will be ordering this today, and hopefully it will be compatible and have all those great features @ good quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom