Computer Wont Reconize HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dart340

Solid State Member
Hi i took my coputer appart and put it back together. It worked before it took it apart now it doesnt. It says something about about an invalid system disk. I formatted it and it hasnt worked scince. What could be wrong? Thanks.

After you formatted did you install a new operating system?

If so, after you took it apart, are you sure that you plugged the IDE cable back in and the power connector too?

If so, is there a floppy disk in the disk drive?

Right, it is impossible to format a drive that your pc doesn't see,

Make sure you IDE cables are all in place, that if you have cables that don't have a side tab, that you have not put them up side down, that you have only one HD on master (if you have more than one)
As said above, check the floppy drive and power cables,

If it still doesn't work, undo all you IDE cables and only connect one HD on the IDE-0 port, make sure it is on master, make sure the cables r the right way up and boot, and there is no reason it shouldn't work,

Enter Bios and auto detect your hard drives and drives, and you will see st8 away what is going on,

btw, when u took the pc apart, did you have power cable still in, becasue it was only last week someone sent me a pc with a IDE port probleme, they both work, but not at the same time, becasue the guy short circuted it

dont mean to flame u but i see that word misspelled so often it irritates me,
Loose,a : not rigidly fastened or securely attached b (1) : having worked partly free from attachments <a loose tooth> (2) : having relative freedom of movement

loser, 1 : one that loses especially consistently
2 : one who is incompetent or unable to succeed; also : something doomed to fail or disappoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom