Comprehensive advice needed 4 new comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sire011886

Baseband Member
I'm in the market for a new computer.

It'll be running AutoCAD (an architecture program with which to draw complicated renderings) and hopefully a few games.

So it needs to be powerful. From what I've learned through research, I can get a pretty good desktop - I don't want a notebook - for the $1500 I am willing to spend. I'm looking at a variety of different suppliers - Best Buy, Alienware, Cyber Power, Dell, Staples - for the best offer.

I've concluded the following: 3.0 dual core Intel processor, 1GB RAM, 80GB to 100GB Hard Drive, 256MB video card, at least a 15" monitor, and I want XP Pro 64X.

Honestly, I want that 64 edition just because it's the latest - and greatest? The rest of it is pretty much set in stone.

Now the question is: who is the best to go to and who makes the best parts?

I went to Best Buy today and they had an HP that met most of the requirements except the OS, it was a media center, for $1300 before $300 in rebates.

I really want to get my money's worth, so any help would be greatly appreciated...

If I were you Id seriously consider building your own computer. Its not diffucult at all, comparable to building a set of legos. Plus the feeling you get is great and once you accomplish it you'll never buy another pre-built computer again.

You asked to get your moneys worth and this is the best way to do it.

the thing with building my own is that I don't want to mess it up and if something goes wrong, I have nop system restoration to fall back nor a warranty. I did think about it, but ruled it out pretty quickly because I didn't see more than a few hundred dollars worth to save.

I think Monarch has a warrenty for its computers. Pricing isn't that bad, and you can make a better machine at monarch than at dell.

Its not hard at all to build a computer If I can do it anyone can all you need is an online guide which you can probally find on google its super easy to build a computer.

im 15 and i have allready build 3 computers. It is not that hard, especially with these guys here to help you out if something gose wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom