How much is my old PC worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its a Me Mario

Baseband Member
HP Navy/Grey Micro ATX Case(1x92mm Rear fan exhaust)
Bestec 200w PSU 12 AMP
MSI MS-6577 Micro ATX Mainboard(1xAGP, 3xPCI, 2xDIMM)
Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHz Socket 478 533 FSB(No Hyperthreading)
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB AGP Videocard
I/O Magic Typhoon 5.1 Channel Soundcard
Smart Modular 512MB DDR2100 RAM
Western Digital 60GB UltraATA100
48x CD-Rom and Floppy Disk
HP Keyboard and Optical Mouse

Im selling in in hopes to buy a 6800GT and some accessories for my comp but how much you think? Mods please dont delete, this is a 'theorhetical' question and Im not advertising to anyone on here.

I know the PSU is crapola but the computer runs stable so its sufficient. I've overclocked the CPU to 2.85GHz on a Zalman7000AlCu but Im sure it could go higher. So can someone give me a rough estimate on how much all of this is worth in a funtioning PC? Thanks everyone.

$250 huh? Sounds about right to me. What if I added a Chaintech 6600GT AGP and 1GB of ProMOS DDR333? Do you think I could squeeze $400 out of it?

Maybeeee. Thats stretching it. You could probably get around 360-385 if you added those.

cant the 200 watt PSU even handle a 6600 GT? Id asay around 350 with the additions

Hacp said:

Hacp is wrong.

to someone who can build there own computer like us, its worth 250 or aka nothing.

but to the average person its worth ~380 already. could try for more. sell it with stuff pre-installed.

What can I add for cheap that would appeal to the average consumer? CD Burner of course, thats really cheap. Is it worth including a CRT monitor? Id have to buy one of those if it is.

What kind of software? Windows XP Home for sure but what else on top of that?

Don't buy so many things if that will actually cost you more thsn you are selling it for.

Ill probably just buy a CD burner.

However what do you think about this idea?

Buy a cheap case with sidepanel and LEDs and PSU(any PSU would be better than the one thats in it now). Then throw in a Chaintech6600GT, a GB of DDR333, Logitech 340 Speakers and try to sell it for $500? You think anyone would buy it? I have the 6600GT, RAM, and speakers now so with CD Burner and Case it would only cost me about $50-60 more. It would look much nicer and perform a lot better and I can advertise it as a super-gaming machine lol.

Or should I just stop being greedy and sell it like it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom