Best bang for buck DVD-R?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jdmhotness said:
what is dual layer dvd-r?

and can someone explain to me what the whole thing about "12x10x32x" on them means?

dual layer is 2 dvd built into one. it's like one dvd on top of another.
I ordered that dvd burner yesterday

Awesome, i was a little worried...how do you like it for the price? Its still freakin cheap as poo even if it isnt that fast at burning dvd's. Anything is better than what I have now.

Since we're on the topic of burning dvd's. What brand makes reliable dvd disc that I can burn on? Maxell? Just got a nec dvd burner, and don't want to end up with some bad discs.

best thing to do in my opinion is look at mega cheap brands and buy a single disc maybe a couple or a small spindle (bought a 10 disc spindle for $5 australian the other day). then you burn those and test them on any dvd device you have in your house and see how well they work. it also depends on whether it is for dvd-video or data. not to mention there are dvd+r, dvd-r, dvd-rw, dvd+rw, dvd-DL, dvd+dl and dvd-ram discs so it depends on a lot. anyway once you find out how well mega cheap discs work you might be able to find a brand that is actually pretty reliable like i did and you can just buy a big spindle. finally i would like to point out that a dual layer disc is not equal to 2 single layer discs. 2x4.7gb=9.4gb. dual layer disc=8.5gb.

Scarlet said:
Since we're on the topic of burning dvd's. What brand makes reliable dvd disc that I can burn on? Maxell? Just got a nec dvd burner, and don't want to end up with some bad discs.

Verbatum. I use to think that they were generic, but after reading several reviews about them, I stand corrected. they stay on top of the latest technology better than anybody else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom