Laptop upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Nick

In Runtime
Well i have two laptops sitting around that i really want to play BF or Halo on. Unfortunatly the both only have 16mb graphics cards :( Is there any way to upgrade the grapgics card or is it just basicly a mobo with onboard everything?

Also if anybody has or has links to pics of people taking apart a laptop i'd be really interested to see what it lookslike in there:) :p

What brand laptops are they, and what about the rest of the system specs for both machines. Usually before people in the forum give recommendations about video cards they like to know about the rest of the system.

Most likely onboard. You're out of luck. My laptop has a 16mb onboard gpu also. I hate laptops. Get a desktop!

Yea my main computer is a desktop and i'm building another now so i don't use laptops much but for traveling and whatnot i figured it'd be cool to be able to play game on the road and stuff:p My Dad's laptop is a 1.7ghz HP which would play it fine but he won't let me instal anything :angry: I wish i had somthing like a USB Hard drive or Zip drive to put the games on and just attach that when i want to play:D O well
In case you wanted:
1) Compaq Armada E500

2) Compaq Armada M700

*Didn't feel like turning them on to get tech specs but if you really need them you could probly find them online:p

So you're sure theres absolutly positivly no possible way to upgrade the GPU?

I woouldn't bother nick,

Laptops are A Pain at the best of times, upgrading them really isn't worth the Aggro. Get A new one, trash the old ones for gaming (might run Linux on them though?)

Jake

Well at the price of laptops today im definetly not getting one as a novelty:p
(might run Linux on them though?)
What do you mean just run it for fun or what?
Also, Linux is free, right?

Linux is free to download or very cheap to buy, plus it comes with tons of software.
Neither laptop can have its GPU upgraded, I checked then out. I also own an e500, so now we're laptop buddies :p
Give eBay a look for a good deal, you can get some nice ones there. Make sure that the seller has a great feedback rating so you don't have any risks involved.

Dr Nick said:
Well at the price of laptops today im definetly not getting one as a novelty:p

What do you mean just run it for fun or what?
Also, Linux is free, right?

I didn't mean to upset you sir,

I just ment to say "Don't use laptops for gaming, they are useless for this purpose

Use them for Word processing And general office work fine, but if you want to play games Get A desktop!

No, I did not neccicarily Mean running Linux for for fun, but Technology is shuch A terrible thing to waste. instead of "getting rid of it" use it expand your knolege A little (no, I'm not caling you stupid by this remark, please do not take offense) Learning Linux is A good first step.

Jake

PS. Second hand/ ex-lease Laptops are very cheap, try an auction house or an online action, I Agree though friend (may I call you A friend?) I wouldn't get A new one for A novelty either...

LAPTOP BUDDIES!:p I really like the E500 since it has both floppy and Cd drives in it. My Dads laptop has an interesting concept, it doesn't have any drives in it but it comes with a USB CD Drive. Makes it really light but the E500 Is heavy as a rock but i like it:D

Well thats too bad i can't upgrade but o well.

I think im jus gonna save my money for my build project and run linux on one of the laptops (never used linux so it'l be interesting)
:p

Thanks for all the help:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom