Hypermemory and Turbocache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellbuster

In Runtime
Do these graphic cards use a much larger need of power supply compared to a 128 graphic card. And if they do are these card stealing the ram for the graphic card or are they sharing? Would it make a difference in the amount of ram?

Is it a buy for Todays games on low to medium settings? Or is it not going make a difference to my current graphic card
and if you dont mind me asking i was looking for a card with 256 MB, under 100 dollers, and lowpower needs. Or am i asking for too much?

256mb is not needed for cards that are not the 6800gt's and above, and even then its only DOOM3 that needs the extra memory from those cards, and they don't even fully take up all the VRAM.

I would go with a 128mb 6200, but I would really wait a little bit longer and get the 6600gt when you have the money.

Your card is better, as dedicated memory is better than turbo caches/hyper memory. You'd want to go at least a X600 for today's games.

Well i dont own or plan to get doom 3 (makes me pee my pants)
so would a ATI Radeon x700 128MB graphic card help me?
i just want it to be quite low powered. Would 256 VRAM and 128 VRAM be much of a dfference in powerneeds?

What games are you planning to play? the x300 is good at playing many games, just not the really really graphic intensive ones

yes i do play intence games like Battlefield 2 and Half life 2.
The problem is im not getting a great graphic card is because im a minor and dosent control the budget of the house for a new powersupply or expensive graphic card i was looking at the x700 128 pro because the half amount of ram might cut down on the power needs (and like 25 bucks cheaper)

Get a 6600gt. You will need it for SM3. If you cant afford that, get a 6600, and if not that, get a 6200, but please do not get hypermemory or turbocache. WHat it means is that any video card that has hypermemory or turbocache does not have any memory on it, it instead takes system memory and uses it for video memory. I guess if you have like 2gb of RAM it would not be a problem, but system memory is much slower than video memory.

BTW, having 256mb over 128mb does not cut down power needs. Don't get an ATI card, they do not support Shader Model 3 which is being used in a lot of games that are coming out and I know there is a mod coming out for half life 2 that will use it. It might not make a difference to you now, but it will hit you hard later.

Im not worring as much as cost goes but i find those cards too demanding for my PSU. im just trying to find one with atleast the power of a x700 but not to powersupply needed
(i use a 270 watt psu in a small ATX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom