6600GT or 6800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Nick

In Runtime
Hi everybody,
I'm building a computer and noticed that my graphics Card was the most expensive thing on my list $345I was seeing that a lot of people are getting the 6600GT. I did a Neweg search and got this list http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=48&Submit=Property
Any reccomendations from the list

Would i be better off to get the 6800 and that money would be an investment so i will be "good" for awhile or would the (much needed) lower price be a still suitable card for Gaming

Also does a 128mb card have a noticeable difference to a 256mb?

If you can afford it, the 6800 GT is the way to go because it has more raw power than the 6600 GT. The 6600 GT will laugh at every game you throw at it though even in this day and age. The 6800 GT will give you the luxury of some extra AA and some extra longevity. I'd say go for the 6800 GT if you can afford it.

Any other opinions? ...... Anybody?

I am able to get the 6800 but i would LIKE to save a pretty penny ;)

Any help would be apreciated

beedubaya said:
If you can afford it, the 6800 GT is the way to go because it has more raw power than the 6600 GT. The 6600 GT will laugh at every game you throw at it though even in this day and age. The 6800 GT will give you the luxury of some extra AA and some extra longevity. I'd say go for the 6800 GT if you can afford it.

Yes indeed. I'm probobally going to pick up the 6600 GT once I add some new things to my PC.

6800GT if you want to spend the money.
6600GT if you really want to save, but since your buying a new PC might as well go all out. upgrade now or upgrade later...

Depends on what games you like to run. Sometimes the 6800GT is overkill.

6600 GT gives you great performance for the money, not all that far behind the 6800 GT. The 6800 of course, though, is still the most powerful. If I were building a PC right now, though, I would go for the 6600 GT 256mb (just me)

jorsoft03 said:
6600 GT gives you great performance for the money, not all that far behind the 6800 GT. The 6800 of course, though, is still the most powerful. If I were building a PC right now, though, I would go for the 6600 GT 256mb (just me)

There is no 6600 GT 256MB. There is a vanilla 6600 256MB, but that just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom