another overheater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD inside all

Baseband Member
hey, ill start by telling you my system
amd 2600+ stock 1.9ghz and 166fsb not oc

my heatsink is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835114013

and my motherboard is an asrock k7 ugrade 880.

from my friends dad his comp (same processor just with an abit mobo) on idle is 82f

mine is running at 93f on ldle i reapplied the thermal paste about 3 times already and it droped from 104 to 95 to now 93. could it be my heat sink?

can someone even tell me if i have to worry or not.

thanks

What are his house conditions like??? he could have it in a much cooler home? I know it SHOLDN'T make that much of a deal, but it does depending on the confuser and also, what kind of fans does he have conpaired to you... IE I have 5 case fans 4 80MM and 1 120MM... what kind of desk do you keep yours on/in? all of this makes a difference...

oo thank you because im idleing right now and its at 104f 40c actually his desk is more boxed in he has 5 80mm fans i have 7 and mines on top of my desk right next tothe centeral air vent because my desk has a higher part.

u got nothin' to worry about my computer has an average temp of 122 F when on all the time too web browsing, gaming same all the time air cooled too

Shumway said:
Those temp's are perfectly fine and are nothing to worry about,93*f is around 33-34 celcius and that is a really good temp for a AMD.
my last amd (XP 3000+) averaged at 45 C
my last comp replaced by my new one 1 week ago
emachine crap motherboard
AMD XP 3000+
Nvidia BFG Geforce 5700Le OC
creative sound blaster
512 of pc2700 ram
CD-RW burner
DVD drive

the good old days before i got a computer that cost a S&$T-load of money for a gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom