Replacing graphics card - recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my eVGA 6600gt is 8x agp and have been very reliable. it replaced my oh so old fx 5200. this card is worthy buy and for what u want out of it, this card will defitnetly be the card to get. the fact is, eVGA or leadtek would be the best choices for the 6600gt.

Trust me AGP versions are just as good as the PCI-E versions

Just dont get an XFX branded 6600GT

And the LE are crap editions for Nvidia cards, GT are high end, and Ultra are the uber high end. No prefix means middle end.

So the 256 meg 6600 is a mid line card
And the 128 meg 6600GT is a high end

(The 68XX series card's however are all still better)

Really appreciate the input everyone :) Just one last question - are the fans usually quiet on the 6600GT's? A quiet base unit is very important to me for my recording needs etc.

Leadtek cards are great. In fact, I think I remember reading a review that gave the Leadtek 6600gt tops over the competition. That card should suit you fine.

You should have your system specs listed; and folks here will tell you about compatiblilty. I'm guessing, if your system in less than 3-4 years old, it will work.

Like Vaderpro said, That Leadtek 6600GT your looking at is a good card, other than that the eVGA is another good brand. Just to elaborate on what DJ-Chris said, on this board people seem to think most XFX cards come DOA. I've had a XFX 6600GT now for almost a year and all i can say is that the card is fantastic.
Humbucker - noise wise i'm not really sure, my XFX 6600GT was pretty quite with its stock fan.

I have to agree that ATI cards are not worth the trouble. Even if they have more raw power, the drivers are terrible, and I have had nothing but problems with my X800Pro. I agree, get the Leadtek or eVGA 6600 GT. The 6600 GT rivals the X800 XT in some benchmarks. Its definately the best bang for the buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom