Building a new computer. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That video card is not needed now so get the 6800 GT either Leadtek or Evga (best) and put the money into mobo try to get the DFI Lanparty ultra-D and if you have the money you can get the Raptor by WD ( I think it is by them)

Get the 491 dolalr DELL 7800GTX. 100 dollars cheaper, and its not XFX.

he wanted thought on the computer, not just the gfx :D

1.) that's a 20pin psu, a 24pin psu is recommended for stability on a PCI-E system; get an OCZ powerstream 520W power supply
2.) that mobo isn't really good...well not the best anyways; the you want is the DFI lanparty ultra-d (around $125 or so i'm guessing...im not really up-to-date with prices)
3.) a 7800GTX is unncessary; either get the 6800GT or wait for the ATi line of cards that's supposedly coming out this month (the X900 line)
4.) if you're gonna get a cheap sound card (but decent), go for the chaintech AV710 or the turtle beach santa cruz
5.) corsair value select won't work with high-end boards like the DFI (well it would work, but it'll take some BIOS tweaking..go for the twinmos ram 1gb that's 1000000000000x better than those corsair and only few dollars more expensive)

The twinmos at newegg is now crap. No more UTT/Bh-5 anymore. Speed premium is also gone. I ordered 2 sticks of the regular stuff because newegg didn't have the speed premium anymore and it didn't say BH-5 on the chips like my speed premium ones do. No dimples either.
I'm RMAing them and getting OCZ value VX. At least their either UTT/CH-5.

He has a 7800GTX, so its def pci-e. He probably got the motherboard mixed up since most socket 939 mobos are pci-e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom