Help on deciding what type of PCI video card i should buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlayeR25

Solid State Member
I've been searching around for a new video card, and I think I may have found one: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=84766&CatId=319

if this isnt a good one can someone point me to a site where i could buy a good video card im looking more for performance then quality but having both would be nice

i got a dell dimension L series
256 MB DDR RAm
32Mb vid card (POS)
pentium 111 processor 863MHz (pos)

sorry aboot spelling and such im canadian

I don't know about anybody else but i have had very bad expieriences with my ATI 9800SE. I don't know much about the 9200SE but im never buying from ati again (though this is Diamond so im not sure) U might want a second opinion about this but i've heard you want to stay away from prefixs like SE

I put a diamond Stealth in my sisters computer, everytime It starts she gets multicolor vertical lines all over her screen. It goes away soon after, but It won't allow me to see anything in bios. I don't know if its just her card, but I wouldn't recommend any diamond cards.

You should get a Radeon 9100. They are the best PCI video card ever made. They are extremley hard to come by these days, but I managed to find the only place on the web that still has some:
http://www.hypermicro.com/product.asp?pf_id=VDVT130
It only has 64mb, but on a PCI video card you are not going to see any more preformance with more memory, in fact, if you have to much on PCI (like 256mb) it is actually slower than 128mb or 64mb. Also, that card vaderpro pointed out to you is very bad, the entire nvidia FX series sucks, and it only has 64-bit memory, where as the 9100 has 128-bit memory.

No, its not a tv. She has a 15" SVA VR-15BU Monitor. I tried for hours to get that to go away, she said it dosen't bother her, but next time I have to go into her bios, I will have to do something about it. What do you think could get rid of the lines?

More detailed description:

Somethimes the lines are red,blue, yellow, green, with a black background. Somethimes the background is black with grey lines, and somethimes the background is blue with grey lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom