Monitor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RZ4

Beta member
I have a 19" Dell P992 monitor, and for awhile now there have been diagonal red lines going across the screen. The width and amount of them can change depending on what resolution is set, but my usual one is 1024x768, and there are always around 15 of these lines visible on the screen at all times. Naturally, on black backgrounds (such as when booting up Windows, or say watching a movie, the lines are overwhelming and extremely irritating).

I updated my video card drivers, but that didn't remove the lines from the screen. I also tried each refresh rate that the monitor supports, but that didn't get rid of them. Any advice or recommendations on ways I can try and get this problem fixed would be very appreciated.

I doubt this would fix it but its worth a try. Using the buttons on the monitor, find the option to degauss your monitor (usually looks like a horseshoe magnet with a line through it).

Also, make sure that your monitor isnt around anything that might cause interference (fans, or anything that produces EMI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom