newbie - Which AMD processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
donduck said:
I'm debating on whether getting a MSI or Asus mobo.

for the MSI, this is the product I'm looking at:
MSI MOBO

for the Asus, this is the one:
Asus Mobo

Please give me a suggestion on which one i should be purchasing.

Thanks,
Don

Definally The MSI one. nvidia chipsets are almost always better then via chipsets.

GrimReaper23 said:
I wou;dn't suggest the venice just because I think he is not looking into overclocking. get the 3000 + Winnchester.

There like a $5 difference why would you ever get the winnchester. Not only does the vience run cooler. It has a much improved memory controler. It also has SSE3. There no good reason to ever buy the winnchester any more.

mgoldb2 said:
Definally The MSI one. nvidia chipsets are almost always better then via chipsets.

What do you mean by ALWAYS better? as in less crashes and stabibility wise?

I wou;dn't suggest the venice just because I think he is not looking into overclocking. get the 3000 + Winnchester.
Uhh that's a dumb reason to suggest getting a winchester....overclocking or not, like Mgold said, most of the time not only are they the same prices now, the Venice run cooler, and have the added instructions.

What do you mean by ALWAYS better? as in less crashes and stabibility wise?
Either will be fine technically....however in general I hate ASUS....HORRIBLE tech support.

Price difference between 3000+ and a 3200+ is only $50, not very much at all really. The 3000+ easily overclock to 3200+ speeds and beyond....even if you don't care now perhaps you might want to try OC'ing in the future, so it's something to think about....if you don't want to OC and plan on having the comp for a while I'd say splurge and get the 3200+ for your case.

Also that MSI board uses PCI-E so I hope you've noticed that and have a compatible video card

I'm really attracted to the lower price of the ASUS mobo, while it also has a built in WiFi.

so despite the horrible tech support... in performance and durability wise, is ASUS chipset comparable to the MSI chipset?

Also, what do the PCI-E (x1) x 2slots do? all i know is that the x16 is for the graphics card.

While ASUS makes great mobos, I've heard a lot of people here complain that they are very buggy with AMD processors. They seem to work much better with Intel platforms.

The PCI-e 1x slots are for add on cards like modems, soundcards, etc. It's more of a future thing, cause I don't believe there are any cards yet with that type of slot.

it is known that ASUS works better for intel, but IMO are crap for AMD mobos......I hate it when people say "i like the lower price" when it comes to the motherboards or power supplies....we're talking basically one of the MAJOR components of your PC here...don't cheap out on that.

I haven't had great luck with ASUS boards, had a beotch of a time on my 2400+ XP and when I upgraded to an FX 5700 it wanted nothing to do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom