Cost Effective High End PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
x800xl is not cheaper, and it will fail to run the Lost Coast level at it's full potential

Do you guys think that the setup without all the optimized parts would run hl2 at 100FPS+ (Max Settings at 1024X768)

How much would it increase the frame rate if I get the parts mentioned and don't overclock them? IE, better ram, mobo.

Well I just recieved all the parts today (NewEgg was very fast, only 3 days!!).

I had trouble assembling the 6800GT and Sound Card because the mobo tray was too low. So, I couldn't screw them into place. I had to use paper towels to boost the mobo up to where it should be (dunno how this will affect the system in the future). Any other suggestions?

Anyway, this system is very fast and I played BF2 at all high settings with no less than 60FPS (I can just tell by watching lol).

DJ-CHRIS said:
x800xl is not cheaper, and it will fail to run the Lost Coast level at it's full potential

lowest on pricegrabber 249 for x800xl lowest for 6800gt is 275

and... yes it runs the low coast, water hazard, everything, perfect fine and with just the x800xl you will get over 100fps on 800x600

Is the 6800GT the AGP version? Cause I would think it is.6800GTs PCI-E are 350 regular. (320 at monarch EVGA!)(300 for crappy XFX at newegg).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom