help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechKid

Baseband Member
ok, i just bought a 3700+ San diego, MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Mobo, and 1GB of some ocz gold on newegg. every thing installed fine but in windows every 5min its just randomly restarting. the only thing i can think of is a hardware imcompability of some sort or a directx problem (games set it off faster). if it helps ive got a asus 9800xt.

Some things to look at:

Overheating problems- Use BIOS and your hardware monitoring software that should have come with your motherboard to check what kind of temperatures you are getting.

Power Supply (PSU) Problems- For a computer like yours, I would go with at least a 350W power supply. If you have anything less, it is very possible that your computer isnt getting enough power. Speaking of PSUs, you might also have a defective one. The easiest way to test for this is with a new/other PSU. Without another PSU at your disposal, then it pretty well has to come down to elimination of other potential problems to determine a insufficient PSU.

RAM- Faulty RAM will sometimes cause random errors/reboots. The best way to determine if RAM is your problem is to run your computer with one stick at a time, and see if the problem occurs for either stick. Also, running memtest86 will determine if you have faulty RAM.

Software- Viruses, Spyware, etc can cause problems that resemble that of hardware problems. Make sure you use a software or hardware firewall and an updated virus scanner and spyware scanner.

Hopefully that helps to lead you in the right direction:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom