Outlook Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundgarden

In Runtime
Heres the scenario:

My boss is a very busy man. He hired an assistant to help him out. He wants to create a spearate user account on his winXP desktop computer for her.

Now what he wants is for her to be able to access HIS outlook information(contacts/inbox/task...) from HER account, and only the outlook files, nothing else.

How can I advise him in how to do this.

Thanks

you can do it manually by export his contacts list , calenadar, ect to a file and import those files to her outlook on her windows account. you can save the exported files to a shared folder on a network or to removable media, not sure if they fit on floppy.

ekÆsine said:
you can do it manually by export his contacts list , calenadar, ect to a file and import those files to her outlook on her windows account. you can save the exported files to a shared folder on a network or to removable media, not sure if they fit on floppy.

That will not give her access to his inbox though.

It sounds as though the 'boss' wants the 'assistant' to be able to check his email- this can be done a couple ways that I know of.

1. He gives her his login info and she logs in as him. [not a good idea]

2. If you are using exchange server, you can set up forwarding and I think give her access to his account through there. [recommended]

3. He can share his inbox and assign permissions so that only the assistant has access. [another good way, but the assistant will have access to EVERYTHING in his Outlook account.]

well i didn't say this would give her access to his inbox for obvious reasons. i assumed all his assistant needs is the contacts so she can email and contact people or his calendar to organize his work schedule.

Guy about your #3 is this through exchange also? and can you please explain how?, i am dying to know the answer to this

Nope, it's not through Exchange, it's Outlook itself. I would have to double check the details, but I know it can be done because where I work, there are a couple doctors setup this way for there Office Managers.

I will try to find more details for you.

thanks Guy, if it's more convenient you can PM me the instructions or i guess if you posted here other people can get the solution too. much appreciated it Guy! you are a lifesaver :)

I knew I'd find it eventually!
Some of the screen shots are for Outlook 97...but all the same, you should be fine following this!

while going through that tutorial i cannot even get past the very first instructions. i cannot find the delegates tab in outlook 2000

can anyone else find this tab?

- edit

holdup, what the heck? mike this tutorial applies only to exchange , noooooo.........

Guy please send me your info on MS Outlook, i am still interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom