I Tap My Computer and it Shuts Off HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Ok new system just got it done. Got XP on it and few games everything runs perfect. Now, if like i get up and the floor shakes it will just shut off (HARD SHUT DOWN) and if I like tap the top of my computer it will just shut off, and I'm talking a light tap!!! I just got it up.... Like havent even had it running for more than 1/2 hour and if I just set my finger on top of the case it will shut off HELP PLZ!

did you build it? if you did i had the same problem with mine after i built it. the mobo was touching the metal on the case and grounding out. If that is the problem then you need to find something to elevate it so it wont touch the bottom of the case. I hope this helps.

check no power connectors have stripped wires that are touching the case. (possibly a fan wire, or maybe hd.) if so, get the offending wire replaced.

well currently i just took out the board so it woudlnt be touching the case and unplugged the fans etc, and if i tap it it stays on but if i like REALLY hit it, it shuts off. lol.. i dunno im so freaking pissed i just spent 1200$ and its not working the way its supposed to... so gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom