Windows Service Pack 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
EricB, you're full of yourself...

"Everybody around here know that I won't attack people unless I'm attacked first. boy when I was 8, I was smarter than you will ever be. I guess that you miss the part about I got huge hands for my size (and I'm already a big guy)"

What? You're a dolt man. No one attacked you... I just told you to speak in English. Maybe you should pay attention more.

Big hands? Who the hell cares about you're big hands you moron. No one cares about how you look...

Just end it because now you sound like an idiot...

Heyyo,

Guys. Enough bickering. Ok, so maybe he had a few typos. So what? We all spell wrong. Watch.. opps. Wow, I spelt oops wrong, may god smite me down right noe. :p

Hahaha, anywho, as an old saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." So yeah, if your system's been running fine on SP1 and you're not too worried aboot people hacking your computer (I ain't, who the hell would wanna hack me anywho? what kindof files could I hold of significant importance? exactly) then sp1 will suffice. But if you wanted to do fancy stuff like IEEE 802.11 wireless networking? then SP2 could be more to your likings. Hmm, your computer's not very strong there PC man, If I were You I would've stayed on windows 98 or me. XP is probably sapping the life outta your comp.

Anywho, yeah, just try installing SP2. Usually if it messes up like mine, you can just rollback. I think I hit F8 during boot and selected "Last Known Good Configuration" and that uninstalled SP2.. or was it in safemode I did it?? I dunno, one of the 2.

PC Man Brian said:
EricB, you're full of yourself...

"Everybody around here know that I won't attack people unless I'm attacked first. boy when I was 8, I was smarter than you will ever be. I guess that you miss the part about I got huge hands for my size (and I'm already a big guy)"

What? You're a dolt man. No one attacked you... I just told you to speak in English. Maybe you should pay attention more.

Big hands? Who the hell cares about you're big hands you moron. No one cares about how you look...

check your pm if you want to keep this going. I spoke in english. it ain't my fault that you didn't understand big words (actually there are no big words in "slipstreaming an xp disc").

Fellas, tell me if I'm missing something here, But, is telling a guy to "slipstream sp2 into his XP disc as it is guaranteed to work on a fresh install", it that talking foreign to you? if it is, I will shut up about the matter

I forgot to mention that I gave him the link so he could to do it too. but because I've made a typo in the last thread and he didn't understand what slipstreaming was, all of a sudden I'm talking german, french or italian.

I will say it sloooooowy 1 more time. I don't type good because I have humongous hands. sometime when I hit 1 letter 2 will come up among other things

PC Man Brian said:
Just end it because now you sound like an idiot...

I think that's you. I know what slipstreaming is. also check your other posts. you are not informative at all.

Heyyo,

Well ya gotta remember eric, some folk dunno our computer jargon eh? Sure, we are onna very technical forum, but like all forums, we get our share of computer newbies. So for some like pc man, slipstreaming for some is a whole new concept. You gotta ease them into it.

In plain english, slipstreaming means to take your windows xp installation, and cram sp2 into it so it's like a 2 in 1 cd. This way, it's more guaranteed to work. Why? well, pretty much everything works better in its original state right? same goes with computers. Patching, and revisions are always good, but it's like adding mutliple layers to a cake, eventually it's probably gonna fall over, or one layer might crush another one. So yep, when you start patching windows xp like crazy, one patch might eliminate another. So in this case, it seems SP2 is beating the crap outta SP1 which's why lots of people are having problems. Skipping (maybe most of) SP1 by having windows install itself with SP2 innit seems to be the more safer solution. This is what eric was trying to tell ya. I hope me putting it in more lamen terms has helped. :)

ThE_MarD said:
Heyyo,

Well ya gotta remember eric, some folk dunno our computer jargon eh? Sure, we are onna very technical forum, but like all forums, we get our share of computer newbies. So for some like pc man, slipstreaming for some is a whole new concept. You gotta ease them into it.

In plain english, slipstreaming means to take your windows xp installation, and cram sp2 into it so it's like a 2 in 1 cd. This way, it's more guaranteed to work. Why? well, pretty much everything works better in its original state right? same goes with computers. Patching, and revisions are always good, but it's like adding mutliple layers to a cake, eventually it's probably gonna fall over, or one layer might crush another one. So yep, when you start patching windows xp like crazy, one patch might eliminate another. So in this case, it seems SP2 is beating the crap outta SP1 which's why lots of people are having problems. Skipping (maybe most of) SP1 by having windows install itself with SP2 innit seems to be the more safer solution. This is what eric was trying to tell ya. I hope me putting it in more lamen terms has helped. :)

you said it quite well. I can't say it better (not when I'm typing). that is what I said, but it was in shortcut

I use to have southernlady come right behind me and Explain what I said in better detail. but she hasn't been around lately. while it might take you guy 2-3 minutes to type this. it might takes me an half hour to 45 minutes to type the same thing, so I try to shortcut my words.

the only reason I came on so strong, was that I was trying to help him and the was the 2nd time he attacked me (the 1st time, he said I talked blabber). most people are grateful when you try to help them. that said, I will drop it if he does.

Um, am I missing something? I think we have a psycho in the forums. How did I offend him so much?? Check out this private message ericb sent to me:

"Look you little sissified geek, you have a problem with me, my address is 1625 e hutson st columbus ohio 43211. where I come from only fags type neat. I know you will win the typing war because as long you have that moniter to protect you, you will keep talking smack (that means sshit if you didn't know). proof read that"

vaderpro said:
Um, am I missing something? I think we have a psycho in the forums. How did I offend him so much?? Check out this private message ericb sent to me:

"Look you little sissified geek, you have a problem with me, my address is 1625 e hutson st columbus ohio 43211. where I come from only fags type neat. I know you will win the typing war because as long you have that moniter to protect you, you will keep talking smack (that means sshit if you didn't know). proof read that"

I stand behind that. they will eventually start banning people in we keep this going on in this thread, but they don't care, if we PM (that mean private Message) each other.

vaderpro said:
I know you will win the typing war because as long you have that moniter to protect you, you will keep talking smack (that means sshit if you didn't know). proof read that"

My point exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom