XP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhsrcjh

In Runtime
When I started my computer, it went to a page that says to click on an account to open it. There were not any accounts listed. I also have not been having to start my computer like this. I could not log on as an administrator. I ended up having to reinstall my operating system. Can someone tell me what happened and how to prevent it from happening again?
Thanks

We've come across this one time however we were abke o boot it up in safe-mode succefully. Did you try that?

Anyway, the solution to that problem (not nessarily yours) was believe it or not, to disable Nortons recycle bin thing (I forgot what its called)...
I cant remember how we were able to dermine this as it was quite awhile ago but it did the trick

I did log on in safe mode but my adminstrator account did not show up. Made a new adminstrator account and logged on with it but still could not get the computer to start up to where I had been using it. I had disabled Norton and just about everything else but it still would not work. Just want to try to stop this from happening again.

We were able to still use Nortons AV but, we just disabled the Nortons Recycle bin... Your recycle bin is called someething else like Nortons Protected bin or something like that.
I think we right clicked that and disable ONLY that part of it and the bin restored it self back to the normal Windows bin and the comp was ok.

Anyway, I was under the impression that you did not have the problem anymore because you reinstalled and you wanted to know how to prevent the problem from occurring again.

That is correct, the problem is solved by reinstalling XP. I also have the Norton Protected recycle bin disabled. I did that after reinstalling XP. I do want to know how to prevent the problem for happening again. Maybe that will help. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. That is the first time it has ever happened and I have not used the Norton recycle bin protection until just a few weeks before this took place.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom