P4- 4GHz Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel is trashing the NetBurst architecture, because Pentium M's OC'd can beat a FX-55. They are mobile processors and they are designed to run as cool as possible. But if you use the Pentium M in accordance with a full size desktop HSF, you should be able to get a great Overclock.
the point is that it still takes an OCd intel to beat out a stock AMD. dosent anybody get that? You have to greatly OC an intel to beat out the stocl AMD counterpart.

But your forgetting the fact that the pentium M is only $400. The FX-55 is $900. And you do not need a high end cooling system to OC it.

Think about it.

I see that alot of AMD fanboys cant handle the fact that Intel is stepping up to the plate.

uzi9mm said:
But your forgetting the fact that the pentium M is only $400. The FX-55 is $900. And you do not need a high end cooling system to OC it.

Think about it.

I see that alot of AMD fanboys cant handle the fact that Intel is stepping up to the plate.

We can still push :)

FX-55's while overclcoked can still kill Pentium M's

Ok, Uzi9mm, the pentium M beats the fx-55 at gaming. In other applications, where intel is usually strong, it is weak in. Also, an oced venice to 2.6 will beat a pentium M oced to 2.6 in MOST benchmarks. Obviously, the 2mb of cache the pentium M offers will help it with games. A 3000+ is 150 dollars. The pentium M is 400 dollars. Heck, even a 3100+ Sempron oced can compete with the fx-55. The pentium M is not all that, but I think Intel is defenetly going in the right direction, and if they can improve the pentium M's pitfalls, AMD will have a tough time. By the way, the Intel lineup of 6XX isn't that bad, and if you OC a 3.0 GHZ to a 3.8 GHZ, then it will be a well rounded processor, being good at most aps including games(cause of the cache!).

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2382&p=13

idiotec said:
The why does a P-M have the Super PI world record :amazed:

Maybe because its a theoretical benchmark and does not reflect real world performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom