anyone own the nec 3540 dvd-rw drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

retroxiii

Baseband Member
i just recieved it from newegg.com and installed it.

pulled up everest program and took this info from it:
1120852132_nec3540.jpg

the drive is supposed to write at 16x dvd-r/+r.. but says 8x for +r and 4x for -r

am i misunderstanding all this?

is there official firmware to up the speeds?

i read on newegg on the reviews for this product that one of the customers had to pay an extra 5.00 to up the write speeds. i'm willing to pay the 5.00 but i can't find a link to it anywhere.

also, i have these crap maxell 2.4x dvd+r blanks, and my dvd-rw drive won't recognize it. any solution?

sorry new to dvd-rw drives. my dell had a dvd-rom and just replaced it today with this nec drive.

help. thanks.

pulled up everest program and took this info from it:
1120852132_nec3540.jpg

the drive is supposed to write at 16x dvd-r/+r.. but says 8x for +r and 4x for -r

I think where it says 8x and 4x it talking about for double layor. This is correct for double layor dvds I believe.

my dell's nec isnt even recognised by nero. the only recorder avaliable is the image recorder.

joshd said:
my dell's nec isnt even recognised by nero. the only recorder avaliable is the image recorder.

go to nero website and download the latest patch. This should fix your problem most likly.

^ for some reason when i try to test my drive's speed (both cd-rw & dvd-rw) on nero it won't show up at all.
1120854438_nero.jpg

my cd-rw drive works fine on nero, havent tried the nec dvd-rw drive yet since it looks like i dont even have the neccessary discs to even start yet.

I have this exact drive. I think it is referring to the dual layer discs when it says 8x and 4x. Also be aware that you can only write 16x onto 16x discs, most discs are only 8x and so you can only write to them at 8x.

^i'm aware of that, but in order to write on these 2.4x discs that i have laying around, do i have to alter the drives write speed on nero to actually detect them? (when i insert the blanks, i get nothing)

and would it be the same with 8x (or whichever speed) blank dvd-rw discs?

i have no idea why i'm getting: "D:\ is not accessible. incorrect function" when i put my 2.4x speed blank in and click on dvd-rw drive on "my computer"

are the blank dvd+r discs i have just garbage?

Lol, I own this drive and I don't use the read/write capabilites at all. I put all my info on a usb drive, and I rarely burn images/songs.

i just used nero to burn a music album of mine on cd-r using the nec 3540 dvd-rw drive. the max write speed that i was allowed to choose on nero only went upto 32x for cd-r when on everest it reads 48x. how do i make it go upto 48x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom