6800GT Performance Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex81388

Daemon Poster
Hey guys heres the issue.

I can't play BF2 on high settings at all, it lags on medium, no AA or anything special, but it is always lagging. When I minimize the game to mess with Teamspeak i am seeing the virtual memory low warning, everytime.

I have a decent page file too, plus the gig of ram. Anyone have any ideas? I have the patch too FYI, Ram's on 1T and isn't overclocked.

Specs are in sig.

Thank you!

EDIT:: I have less then 32 processes running including Teamspeak.

BF2 is a hog, however I can run on high settings with low lighting and 2x AA.

You might want to dump the Lighting effects down to "Low" that helps performance loads. Also make sure you have the latest nvidia drivers.

Does the card give you the expected performance in other games? If so then it's BF2's problem, if not then it'll be an issuse with the card or drivers.

Dude BF2 is a hog, I agree. With the way it seems, it's like you need a Super Computer to play that damn game.

Even with that games your computer should be able to play it fine. Use adaware SE and spybot to check for spyware. It really sounds like to me something eating up your ram.

No spyware, and other games cruise fine.

I have latest drivers.

Even if it takes more from RAM and CPU, I should be able to handle those pretty good.

I mean no matter what I try I'm getting lag. Would increasing AGP Apeture be wise? I don't want to buy 2gigs of Ram.

Dude BF2 is a hog, I agree. With the way it seems, it's like you need a Super Computer to play that damn game.
Don't understand why people say this....was made to be less demanding then BF1942 and doesn't seem to be a hog at all..

Alex's computer is better than mine and I can play that gamed Maxed out easily...granted I run it at 1024x768 resolution though just for smoothness headroom....so if you're doing like 1600x1200 or something insane like that you should turn it down.

Your AGP aperture should be fine at 128mb, if it's less than that you might consider turning it up...

Other than that it's not your hardware that's causing slowdown....it's gotta be all software related.

If you have the latest forceware drivers you might try using the 77.30's that came with the BF2 demo (also available at guru3d.com ) as I've heard a lot of people experience issues with the latest forceware

Well I did originally run at 1600*1200, but I turned it down to what you are using to try to debug with medium settings. Nothing really improves.

I'll try to downgrade the drivers to the level you posted and get back to you.

Im at 128mb as apeture, so I'll hold that.

Thanks for the help, I have something to hope with. I'll post back when I test with the other drivers.

Well I tried the new drivers, and they have helped a bit, but not anything significant.

When I run everything at high with AA, and then run at medium, the lag is the same in the same spots.

I no longer get a virtual memory error, I figured out that problem, but I still lag. Mostly when I am turning and the game redraws scenery, or when I'm scoped.

I can hold 60 fps and hit up to 90 no matter what settings I use.

Any ideas gentleman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom