heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just want something that is compatible with the amd cpu i have and fits on the dfi bracket or comes with its own. i also would like something sort of quiet. so i'm leaning towards the zalman right now, but from what i hear it's gigantic. any other suggestions.. i want to order another heatsink in the next hour :O

if that gigabyte one is easy to install and will work with what i have, maybe i will buy that one. it doesn't look like it will stick out as much as the zalman would.

The gigabyte one is cool, but the Zalman 7700CU is the best one you can get. You already have the board, right? Read on the newegg Zalman 7700 page about it, and it will tell you how much clearance you will need to install it. Or you can get the ASUS Star Ice, it is a nasty heatsink!

yes i have everything else, i just need to return current HSF and buy a new one. on the newegg page, people just keep saying its huge. so i don't know..

ok well, i think im going to order the zalman one. the only complaints i see are that it is huge and it weighs 910 grams. but 2 people posted about having it fit fine on their dfi boards. so, i guess i'll just take the risk and order. if it doesn't fit i can always just return it... but i am making it fit :)

Alot of times it is the Capacotors on the voltage regulator the prohibit it from fitting. you can do anything about those if you want to keep your board working.

Here's to it working!
toast.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom