HP a405n Will Not Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously, you can replace it, but you have to check how big is the case and how big you can buy the motherboard, but you will need a new power supply also for the motherboard.

I have a new 450watt PSU in there now. I just popped it in.

No. The unit is not under warrenty. I called HP.

HP a405n blibnking blue light

My HP Pavilion a405n has exactly the same problem -- was anyone able to help you? I would appreciate any guidance you might have. I was having issues with the flat panel monitor that came with it as well (f1703) only to find on CNET that they were defective and HP was offering to replace them for intermittent video issues. Not sure this speaks well of HP quality. All guidance on this desktop (and fixing the blinking blue light issue) greatly appreciated. Thx.

yea, if u ask me, hp is startin to go emachines on us, unfortunatly...i had a hp, same prob, mobo died(but that was a cognac XL and cant find crap for it neways) but the ps was brand new, and any ps i put in it, got fried, so i looked closer at the mobo, and whatcha know, the capacitors were about to burst. so open up the case and take a nice long close look at the capacitor caps, if they not flat, then u need a new ps, new mobo, and hopefully not a new processor. if u were to upgrade(not to push ya or nething) id suggest to go for some of those conroes, or an x2 4400+

OOH! just remembered. u said the monitor went ape*#$!, so its gotta be the mobo, cause if i remember right, hp r cheapasses, so they like onboard video...gotta be a cap blown on the mobo, a major surge prob came into the ps, and fried somethin or another on the mobo....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom