Not open for further replies.

crh0872

Baseband Member
Hello,
I am having a very annoying problem with winXP pro. first, here are my stats::
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz HT
1 gig of ram @ 400MHz
Asus P4P800-E deluxe mobo
128 mb ati radeon agp graphics card @ 400 MHz (vga)
250 gig western digital hd & 10 gig hd for the OS

I used Vegas to render a video, (AVI) and when it was complete, I naturally opened it. RealPlayer started to load and then all the sudden I was seeing that familliar Asus logo on startup. So I tried again opening it, but XP crashed again. I thought it was just a bad codec, so I tried DivX, but still the same thing. So I moved to MPEG-2 and got the same results. Then I opened up a windows media file (also made from Vegas, but i knew it worked 'cuz i had opened it and watched it before) and it did the exact same thing. Yes, I tried it on other media players but it does the same thing. Lately my video card has been doing weird things, so thats what i suspect, but it hasn't ever done anything close to this before.

Please help me, I need to finish some videos!

right click my computer. click properties. click advanced tab. click settings button in startup and recovery box. uncheck auto restart in system failure box.

try again. you'll prolly get a blue screen. post the error.

have you checked for new vid drivers?

I did just that, and it still rebooted, when i got back on I saw that auto reboot was enabled. Also, now after the xp pro splash logo, the login screen literally takes an hour to come up, in the meantime the screen is black for an hour.

I'm screwed!!

crh0872 said:
I did just that, and it still rebooted, when i got back on I saw that auto reboot was enabled. Also, now after the xp pro splash logo, the login screen literally takes an hour to come up, in the meantime the screen is black for an hour.

I'm screwed!!

Ok, I just had a problem like this. Where the splash screen moves over to a black screen. And takes ages to load.

Open up your computer and take all PCI card out, and leave the video card in. Take them all out and see if you can boot, than after trial and error, add 1 by one, and see which card is giving you problems, if it is even giving you problems.

When you "pinpoint" the problem card, try to get it to work again by placing it in another PCI slot.

But that might not be the problem, but I had the same problem like 2 weeks ago, and I found out that my sound card was causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom