windows media player toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
the option to turn windows media player into a neat little toolbar has dissappeared from my pc. i have just upgraded to version 10, but it was working with that, until i used tunexp to defrag my boot files to make booting faster. how can i get it back?

Media Bar in Internet Explorer cannot be used
After you install Windows Media Player 10 on a computer running Windows XP or Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1), you can no longer use the Media Bar feature in Internet Explorer. When you try to play content by using the Media Bar, an error message is displayed that incorrectly indicates that the latest version of the Player is not installed on your computer. After you click OK in the message, Internet Explorer will open Windows Media Player 10 and play the content you selected.

To prevent the error message from being displayed every time you try use the Media Bar, do the following:
In Internet Explorer, click Media on the toolbar to open the Media bar.
Click Media Options, point to Settings, and then click Play web media in the bar in order to remove the check mark next to this setting (which indicates that the setting is turned off).

Note

The Media Bar feature for Internet Explorer is not included in Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2); therefore, if you install Windows Media Player 10 on a computer running Windows XP SP2, you will not see this error. We recommend that you install Windows XP SP2 because Windows Media Player 10 uses the latest security updates and innovations in the operating system to help protect your computer. For more information about Windows XP SP2

you have to right click on the start bar in the middle section where the programs are if you minimize them.....when you right click go to toolbars and select windows media player...it should start working after that

it is the thing that inam is talking about, however, that option is no longer on the toolbars su-menu. it used to be, but it isnt now. how can i gat this back?

do the same thing and click on select new toolbar...in there go to WMP...and select it after that it should start operating...

it has randomly reappeared without me doing anything.

(shrugs shoulders) windows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom