Doing a Full Burn-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I've noticed lots of questions as of late pertaining to the whole concept of burning in. How to do it, is it needed, is it a myth? Well, it's not. It is something that all overclockers should do with their machine pre overclocking. Here is a nice guide by Sentenial over at Overclockers Forum:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3643039

Read the guide, it will tell you. There are several and they all work differently. The best burn in program will be the one that runs the CPU at the max, whilst starving it for power. The guide will tell you everything you need to know.

BTW: It is spelled 'Optimized'. ;)

Juice Daddy said:
Whats the best burn in program?

they listed CPU Burn, Toast, F@H, S&M, and SiSandra...

They are all good. They listed F@H and S&M, 3DMark01, Prime95 because they are all programs that make your cpu run at full load for a good long time. CPU Burn and Toast and other programs specially made for burning in your hardware are more catered to doing so. They prolly max your cpu whilst starving it of power best it can, thereby making the cpu run like it is at a lower power. Conditioning it, if you will. I guess the best way to do it would be to overclock your CPu a little bit, take away a bunch of voltage so as to make it slightly unstable, and run the hell out of the best benchmark you can get. Prime95 or 3D mark I would imagine. And then to do it to your RAM, get memtest86 and run that for a hell of a long time. I ran memtest on my ram for 120 hours once to check if they had errors, they didnt. But imagine how burned in those suckers prolly are. I'm going to OC them, ValueRAM, and see how far I can get before they burn out. It will be fun, and will also give me an excuse to go buy new sticks. :D

S&M is supposed to get your CPU even hotter than prime95 can do....which in my experience is true....it always gave me atleast 1-2 hotter than what prime95 did

Btw, has anyone had cold boot problems? I'm scared to boost my volts past 3.1 because of this problem, and the only reason I got the DFI over Epox was because it could go to 3.2 over 3.1. Is there any solution yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom