Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravo1

Beta member
Ok, my computer was working fine and then disaster struck. My cat was playing innocently with the mouse... and then the pc started beeping as if a key were stuck. Only, it did not stop beeping even after I extracted the feline. I could not move the mouse, so I hard-booted the pc. Now, I cannot use the mouse or keyboard in the windows environment. Neither will work. If I unplug the mouse and reboot the pc I can use the keyboard, and I tried to restore the computer back to the day before in XP... but that did not work. I think that there may be some conflict with the ps/2 ports (both mouse and keyboard are ps/2). Anyone know how I can fix this?

Bravo1

It sounds like the cat caused the mouse button to get stuck. I think since both the keyboard and the mouse are using PS/2 they transmit data into the computer the same way and since the mouse is continously transmitting it is blocking the keyboard. If you can try another mouse, and if you don't have one and are comfortable trying to take the mouse apart to see if one of the buttons is stuck in the clicked position.

I did try another mouse, and it still will not work. My friend mentioned something about a possible port conflict, but that was all he could say. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom