Windows XP Pro setup STOP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon15n

Baseband Member
Anyone know how to disable Windows setup from continuing?

I wanted to repair (by upgrade) my windows (xp pro), and the setup automatically quits.

I am able to do a fresh install just fine, yet I want to go back to my last configuration so that I can work on a few specific programs, that will not operate on another windows installation.

THANK YOU!

If you installed a parallel install, then you can access the other install by changing the boot.ini to reference the location of the other environment.
specificaly, copy the reference and then change the value for the folder location. If for example, you have one install in c:\windows(the original), and the other is in c:\windows2 (second install) then you would set the second option to reference that install (c:\windows). This will give you the ability to have both system able to boot.
If on the otherhand, you are trying to use a win98 or other version that was upgraded, you are SOL...
if you are tyring to repair an XP setup with an upgrade cd, I think that may also be a problem. I don't know for sure, but I think that the upgrade CD lacks the boot information for the repair function. I may be wrong there, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom