Proper way to dye a Dvd Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Well what are you wanting to do dude? Just paint the front panel right? Like we said, you can just pop off the face plates so that it'll match the outside of your case....then just spray paint the slut, that's all I did.

yeah, just get a high quality spray paint like rustolium er whatever. It will stay on longer.

Rustoleum works GREAT for painting computer parts, comes out great. Just use some enamyl/acryllic based spray paints, will work fine. I would suggest lightly sanding it down to get it smooth and get any crap off of it that will make ugly bumps in your paint. Also dont do it in a shop. I painted my case side panels like that, and while I was letting it dry, dust and shite got all up on it and made it look crappy. So while it was still wet I decided to sand it off, and it came out looking super cool. I brushed it off with a drill and a wire brush, and the steel it now brushed steel with a black undertone. Needless to say, I am MORE than pleased with the way it turned out!

yea definitly sand it a little first to rough it up, then it wont peel off. I made the mistake of painting a few cases without sanding, within a month, every time something knicked my case, it would rip a chip of paint off.

yea i was thinking about painting the inside of my case (got the paint actualy) and i was being told from everywhere that i needed to sand it donw first. and whats the point of painting anything else besides the face plate because when yo uput it in yor case its just gonna get scratched anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom