What graphics card to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
why does ppl say the 6800GT is 310+? my friend jerry just got one from newegg for 284$ and he is the one basicaly giving me the 5700. I suggest a 6600GT.

Is the difference between the 6600 and the 6800 gts that much? overall if you will be playing games like half life 2, cs, doom 3, is 6800gt worth it?

People are still saying the 6800GT is like 310+ because the PCI-E version IS still that much. Just ordered mine from monarch for $340 with a $20 mail in rebate.

ohh yea i forgto about PCI-E. well it seems to me that from the sounds of things he has AGP, and you can get one for 284$ now. seems like a deal to me!

grego said:
If your psu can be taken out, I recommend just keeping the same case and replacing the PSU. Now the question is whether you need a microATX psu or normal ATX psu. I'm not sure on the compatibility between those psu/case/mobo combos.

I know that the motherboard is a MicroATX. Here are the complete specs of my computer from the HP WebSite:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00189255

Hopefully that helps you guys out. And yeah, I just want to change my PSU. I don't even thing my 250 watt PSU is strong enough for my 3200+ and my fx5500. Hrm.. Plus, what PSU would fit in my case? I don't know much about them, so some advice would be great. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom