Proper way to dye a Dvd Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want the whole drive or just the faceplates? Because the face plates and crap can be removed by simply popping them off....the rest would be more complicated, but like PP said, just remove all things that pop off and the rest of the thing generally just has screws on the bottom that'll allow you to remove the actual casing

That's all I colored....I mean unless you just REALLY have to have EVERY last bit match in your case or something, but that seems a bit anal retentive...

My thermaltake case is black and my CD burner was white so I popped off the face plats and painted that....also did it to my floppy, but the doors on the floppies don't pop off so that's still white =/ I guess I COULD get it painted black if I had some actual paint and a small brush, but all I had was spray paint

Well what are you wanting to do dude? Just paint the front panel right? Like we said, you can just pop off the face plates so that it'll match the outside of your case....then just spray paint the slut, that's all I did.

i accidentaly used car model gloss paint. dosent match my case but its still a dark black. id say use spray paint and when it starts to co me off do it again.

Nubius said:
Well what are you wanting to do dude? Just paint the front panel right? Like we said, you can just pop off the face plates so that it'll match the outside of your case....then just spray paint the slut, that's all I did.
Yes welkl that is exactly what I wanna do but then, do i need to sand it down to get the best look out of it and then what kind of spraypaint doo i need to use, Laquer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom