P4- 4GHz Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't this the 2nd time they've cancelled that chip? I remember that article where it was saying that 3.8GHz Intel chip needed to be OC'd to 5.6GHz to beat out the FX-55...well anyway the point was at the beginning they were talking about Intel cancelling the 4GHz chip...how the Intel compared to that FX-55 at 4ghz (horrible of course) and then the next test was how high it'd need to be, to beat the FX-55

this is old news... i heard about them cancelling a 4ghz chip a few months ago. anyways for the new dual-cores the amd's take the cake in terms of performance according to all the latest benchmarks. funny thing is that for the first time the pentium's are cheaper than the amd's.

ahh what the hell...it's the same article I remember from a long ass time ago lol....I never clicked the dudes link, but yeah look at it's original date, October 2004....I thought they made new plans and cancelled it again or something and thought thats why he made this thread BAH I say

Bahah, I didn't notice. It's still interesting. And Uzi, I know what I am talking aboout, I meant Intels Dual Cores, not AMDs.

The intel dual core cpus already came out. You stated that they didnt come out yet. So I think that you need to do some more research. Because appearantly you do not know what you are talking about.

The way it looks at this point, you will actually see Intel's frequency's decreasing in the next round.

The new generation of chips will be based more on their mobile chip design, which is very effecient. The articles I have read is it should come out at about 3Ghz or so. Now, this is more comparable to an AMD clock cycle, so you can imagine, they will be fast chips.

If anyone does not know what the mobile chips are capable of, check out this thread:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47052

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom