clearing searchs on google?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ekÆsine said:
i think you guys have got it all wrong. i think this guy is talking about autocomplete. it stores entries you have typed for easier access. it would be in there under internet options> content. uncheck all autocomplete options.

also in advanced options tab uncheck inline autocomplete option somewhere near the bottom of the browsing options.

Yea, this is what I thought of while I was reading the post.

*northerner*
You also have to clear the AutoComplete history.

-Mike

lol ! actualy you're kind of on the right track.I heard from school that some kids we're looking at pictures they shouldn't be on Google, so i change the content settings and then tested it by punching in some words and now they keep popping up !!

i don't think you are doing it right, northerner under the content options where it says "personal information" click the autocomplete button.

uncheck the 4 boxes for "use autocomplete for". the labels are called:

web adresses
forms
user name/ pass
prompt me to save

in the section called "clear autocomplete:" you must click the two buttons labeled "clear forms" and "clear passwords"

You we're right ekÆsine i was doing it wrong!! I did what you said this time and it worked perfectly! I had to put my passwords back in for my hockey pools etc.. but thats it !!

Thanks again for your time !! :)

oops, you should recheck the the 2 boxes:

user name/ pass
prompt me to save

i'm sorry for the inconvienence northerner, i said that without thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom