Motherboard and MORE - HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlingBloo

Beta member
I've carefully thought it out and have decided to stray from Intel. Don't get me wrong I have an AMD machine and love it. But I am really ready to do something big with it. So I am not an out of control baller with loads of money to spend so here is what I have:

Processor: AMD 3500+ Venice
Memory: 1gb (2 x 512mb) OCZ EL Platinum Revision DDR 400
Hard Drive: 2x WD Raptor 74gb
VGA: 6800gt
Sound Card: Audigy ZS

Okay my questions:

1. I need suggestions for motherboards (I've been thinking about the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum

2. Any suggestions on better memory

3. Would the 3200+ be enough or is the 3500+ noticeably different(O'Cing and not O'Cing)

4. Would you go with an ATI instead?

5. New heatsink and fan?

Any other suggestions would be helpful. THANKS

Well if you are into overclocking, a 'DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-d' would be good. It has lots (and lots) of OC'ing options.

Drop the dual Raptors. If you go with a mobo that supports SATA and RAID, you can pop in a couple of decent SATAs and get pretty much the same results (not that your human senses could tell a difference).

With the ka-ching you save, you can drop it all into a nice case.

Would you go with an ATI instead?
I wouldn't even consider it until ATI gets their stuff together enough to get Crossfire out of vaporware and get their new cards to market.

So I've decided to go with the 6800gt and possibly stick with something not as pricey as the 2 raptors.

Now motherboards its down to the DFI and the MSI which or which others.

No need for new heatsink and fan?

I'm assuming the OCZ ram is sufficient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom