need help with my 6600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboydoug

Beta member
I have just built my first computer and like most people find, I'm sure, it has proved to be a bit of a ball ache !!!

480w PSU (don't know what brand)
2x 512 kingston 3200 ram
160gb Barracuda ATA HDD
AMD Athlon 2200
ASUS A7N266-VM MOBO
Pioneer DVD writer 16x 48x
AGP A6600GT Realtek nvidia 128mb

The problem is the graphics card at the moment. I have Half life 2, but when I go to play it the 3D graphics in the game are all fragmented and streked across the screen... completely unplayable. and sometimes my screen just goes blank, regardless if I'm playing a game or just on the net, even when I boot it does this sometimes.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, used driver cleaner on my nvidia drivers, checked the intergrated graphics is disabled on the bios, and pretty much torn my hair out and considered formatting the whole bloody thing and starting again!!!

Could it be my PSU isn't good enough or is there a really simple explanation I haven't thought of .

HELP!

Could be a defective card. Not a great brand either. I would reload windows to rule out a software problem. If it persists, I would put in an RMA

sorry, but whats an RMA....

also the card is stillunder warranty, do you think I should try and exchange it?

I installed the drivers from the website and when I had problems I uninstalled them and reinstalled using the disc that came with it... which included winfox and some other shit. I then used driver cleaner after someone suggested it might be that. still no luck.

To be honest, I've done these processes so many times I've lost count.

cool, thanks.

just a quickie.... do i send it back to the people I bought it from or the makers of the card?

Oh, by the way, Ijust looked and I was wrong.... it's a Leadtek card not Realtek !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom