6600gt and weak psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok i have a evga 6600gt, just bought it, well when i boot my pc sometimes it will just sit there on the screen that displays asus my motherboard of course and it will not load windows it does these frequency beeps 2 and then about a couple seconds 2 more i only have a 300watt psu, and i called evga and the guy told me it sounds like i have a very weak psu not sufficient for powering this video card, well like i said sometimes it works and sometimes not it all, like for right now i had to unplug all my case fans for it to work this is my psu right, not my video card

I thought the recommended was 350watts. In any event you should purchase atleast a 400watt PSU and make sure it has the proper number of pins that your mobo requires (Normal AGP 20Pins and PCI-E is 24pins I'm pretty sure)

yes lol im very stupid for not getting a hi watt psu lol, yes they do recomend 350 watt but on the reviews from newegg about the card people could not power it corectly with even 350 watt! this video card eats just as much power as 6800gt does lol,and it gets hott to! well tomorow i will be purchasing a 400 watt psu should solve my problem well thanks for all the help guys, and may i suggest this video card to you its awesome very powerfull havnt oced yet but will soon, i run battle field 2 great

I own one....

My battery backup would use 33-40% load with my computer, speakers and LCD. Once I installed the 6600GT it went to 50%-60%. I had to unplug my LCD and plug it into the surge protector because I was getting load warnings!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom