windows 2000 discontinue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have a bad experience with it. I'm just saying that other Windows OS would work better. Considering it's New and it's Strictly designed for networking. I forgot the name of it. Windows 2004 was a simple guess.

New <> Greater.

Let's go ahead and get that out of the way. Since you have not been specific as to why 2000 sucks, could you give us some reasons?

BTW, I've used 2003. It sucks. Loaded it on my dad's server (behind a firewall, not accessible to the public, and loaded with NAV Corporate 2005) and crashed in ten minutes. It took us three hours to get it into a working state again.

Coincedence? I doubt it. Similar things have happened to other friends and acquaintences before.

The next day, we went back to 2000.

2000 is on my family pc and I don't think it's ever crashed. I've had good experiences with it. Some games don't want to work right away, but after 5 minutes of tinkering they run fine.

Look 2000 is not good for a server with Server 2005 coming out soon (also known as Server 2003 R2). And it cannot top XP now that it doesn't get updates for critical threats.

macdude425 said:
New <> Greater.

Let's go ahead and get that out of the way. Since you have not been specific as to why 2000 sucks, could you give us some reasons?

BTW, I've used 2003. It sucks. Loaded it on my dad's server (behind a firewall, not accessible to the public, and loaded with NAV Corporate 2005) and crashed in ten minutes. It took us three hours to get it into a working state again.

Coincedence? I doubt it. Similar things have happened to other friends and acquaintences before.

The next day, we went back to 2000.

It's not my fault you had bad experiences with Windows 2003.

I don't like the set up they did for it. It would have been nice if they had designed it more Network friendly. But no, people went out and bought it not realizing it was Network Dominent or Business if you will. I mean I've seen a lot of complaints of the damn thing freezing up on games and such. I mean they could have made it more Network Friendly if you understand where I'm coming from. I just don't like the whole base of it that's all. So that's my reason.. I didn't say it sucked the hard one. I'm just saying I dislike it. If you got the wrong end of the wire, then I apologize. I wasn't trying to bash on 2000, I was just saying I dislike it.

I have had windows 2000 freeze once, but it was probably when I was installing a bunch of new stuff and prolly overloading it. I have not had many problems with windows 2003 server either. That's what I run on my home network server, I run windows 2000 on my laptop, windows 2000 on my desktop, windows 2000 is on my bro's computer, windows 98 is on my dad's computer(not on the network) everything runs fine. I have not had problems with it. We also do not use it for games. That's probably why you think it sucks and why we arent having any problems with it.

Not really buddy. Not even close actually... Like I said in my previous post, please observe again.

"But no, people went out and bought it not realizing it was Network Dominent or Business if you will."

Being in they really didn't say like, "This OS of Windows isn't really meant for games." Or something like that. So people didn't know. So yeah correction made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom