1337 Director

Beta member
Hi, this is my first time here. For future reference, here are my specs:

Intel P4 (prescott) 3.2 GHz @ 3.58
Chaintech 128 MB nVidia GeForceFX 5900XT
120 GB Samsung SATA HDD
ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe
ASPIRE 500 watt PS

anyway, I recently switched over from my old powmax case to a brand new Aspire x-navigator 500 (all silver :) ). Anyway, besides a few power routing problems for the fan speed control, everything works great. Boots up, fully responsive, can get into BIOS and safemode just fine. However, if I try a normal windows boot (or last known good config) the thing more or less crashes. It will go past the POST screen, and into the windows boot screen with the blue bar. As soon as it's done loading and ready to go into the gui, the moniter acts like there's no signal, and about 10 seconds later a blue screen 'o death comes up saying there's a problem with the nv4_disp driver (caught in an infinite loop). I've tried updating the drivers (though i had the most recent ones, just to reinstall it, see if it made a difference) and I get nothing still.
I'm thinking there could be a problem with the card iteslf, mabye some static got to it or something, but it works fine in safe mode and everything else, so I'm leaning towards something from Windows. I'm not sure how a new case could affect the video card, and I don't really want to move all my parts back into my old case to test and see after spending 2 hours getting them into the new one.

Any suggestions of what I should do? :confused:

You might have to reformat. Just backup all your 'important' files to a cd or something, then reformat. If it STILL does that, then you know it's a hardware problem.

Check that your RAM (and everything else for that matter) is properly/securely connected into the slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom