finishing my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelemon32

Beta member
I built a computer a couple years ago and the hard drive just recently fried last weekend, so I've decided it's about time to build a new one.
I'm keeping
-my Sony DVDRW drive
-a cd-rom drive
-soundblaster audio card
-monitor
-wireless pci card

I know what else I need, but what would you all advise as the cheapest route. I've looked at some barebone kits at tigerdirect, but i didn't know if there was anyway to go cheaper. I'm thinking around $400-500 to finish off my pc. I don't need it to be top of the line, just good enough to be a good computer.

if you dont mind, let me know what you think of this kit...
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1474716&CatId=1683
thanks

Not bad still need a video Card though. That mobo is running on PCI-E so I think a 6600GT might still fit your price range.

It all depends on what you will be using your PC for. List your intended usage and we can give you better advice.

It looks like you are looking for a MOBO, CPU, RAM, HDD and VIDEOCARD? And CASE / POWER SUPPLY?

Case=25 dollars
Mobo=85 dollars
Processor=146 dollars
Ram=40 dollars
Keyboard+mouse=15 dollars
Fan=use stock fan
Power supply=use a better power supply
IMO, not worth it.

i forgot to say i have a case, mouse and keyboard already
yes, i'm needing a motherboard, ram, hdd, cpu, videocard and powersupply.
i'll be using the pc for internet, regular school applications (word, powerpoint) and a small amount of home recording.
Not too much gaming, but some

and HACP, what do you mean by your post

He probably means that you can get the parts that come with the barebones kit for a better price by buying them individually and assembliing them yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom